CONTACT LENSES TODAY is the mail order arm of Kings Walk Contact Lenses of Nottingham, an independent practice established in 1971. Contact lenses are our specialty and we supply all designs available.
We are experts in the fitting of difficult cases including bifocals and lenses to correct astigmatism.
Because we are a specialist contact lens provider we buy in bulk and are able to pass these savings on to the contact lens wearer.
Within our own practice we separate our professional fitting and aftercare from the contact lens products we supply. This means that the products my patients purchase are free from professional fees and we can afford to supply them at a much lower price than the majority of high street opticians.
The General Optical Council (our governing body) agree that it is perfectly legal for you to be supplied with lenses by a different optician from the one who issues the contact lens specification.
Please note, however, it is a legal requirement for you to be examined each year by your own optician and supplied with an up to date prescription for contact lenses before obtaining them from a separate source.
Please fax or E-mail you current Contact Lens Prescription with your order. It is essential that your Optician includes the following details:
- Your name and address and date of birth if under 16.
- The Opticians name and registration number.
- The practice name and address.
- The date of issue of the specification.
- The date of expiry. This should be 12 months from date of issue unless there is a clinical reason for a shorter period.
- Detailed particulars of the contact lens sufficient to enable it to be exactly replicated.
Your prescribing Optician is legally obliged to provide you with these details.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SPECTACLE AND CONTACT LENS PRESCRIPTION. Please ensure that you ask for your CONTACT LENS prescription.